It all started October 2nd, 2010. Well, really it started February 13, 1986 when I was born, because our whole lives we were being molded to be perfect for each other (look how cheesy I can get!). I returned from my mission in December of 2009. Just after returning home from my mission to the Illinois Chicago North Mission, I went right back to BYU and started my student teaching. I finished out the year, graduated, then was blessed with a Kindergarten teaching job for that fall. In August 2010, I started my dream job of teaching. A couple months before I started teaching, I got called to be the relief society president in my ward. Once school started I quickly found myself surrounded by everyone but eligible men my age. I would spend from 6:30 in the morning til 6 at night at work (that includes the 45 minute commute :), then I would come home, work on school stuff, then go visit Relief Society sisters in my ward. One evening in late September, I was instant messaging my good friend and counselor Megan Swan. She said her and her roommate were still up chatting and asked if I wanted to join. With three single women chatting at one in the morning, the subject of men is bound to come up. I immediately complained about my love life, or lack there of, and said that now that I had already accepted my fate of being a single woman for the remainder of my life. Megan immediately thought of someone that she wanted to set me up with. Sure, I hadn’t had great blind dates but I figured there was no other option.
The next day, Megan went to work and spoke with Bryce. They worked together at the MTC and this was whom she had in mind for me. He was quite reluctant at first. He maybe wasn’t quite as desperate as me :) and had some recent bad experiences with blind dates. Thank goodness Megan is persistent because he finally gave in. The very next day he called me and asked me out.
Our first date was October 2nd, conference weekend. We had a double date with Megan and Jason. Jason also worked with them and was in our ward. We went to Bryce’s house (he is from Orem), played games and made cake balls…mmm delicious. I was immediately attracted to this tall, dark and handsome man and was hoping for a second date. We also didn’t really get a chance to get to know each other so a second date seemed natural since we are both fairly good looking people and naturally we would want to go out with each other again :) ha.
Our second date we went up to Gardner’s Village and they had a bunch of stuff for Halloween. We walked around and saw the witches and different shops. We talked the night away. I’m pretty sure I did most of the talking but it was nevertheless fantastic.
Our third date we went to dinner then went to a BYU soccer game. Afterwards we went and sat on this bench that Bryce always wanted to sit on. When he dropped me off that night we talked on the porch for hours.
Our fourth date, I invited him to go see Despicable Me with my friends. He held my hand. Love was in the air.
Our fifth date we went to a Hockey Game, then we went to bridal veil falls. It was a beautiful evening. We kissed. It is love.
The rest is pretty much history. We enjoyed our time dating and everything went smoothly. He came out to Oregon during Christmas break to meet my parents which was perfect. He got to spend some time in Ashland and with my parents just in case we got married :) After a trip to St. George together, we both knew we wanted to marry each other and that it was right. Then in March we got engaged. He is exactly the man I always wanted to marry.
Here are some pictures of us. When we were dating and when we were engaged.
One evening we went to Salt Lake and went to the Church History Museum and just toured some sites. It was a lot of fun. This is the very first picture we have of our dating. Then another night we went up to Midvale with some friends to see these pretty cool ice castles.
Just a couple weeks after we started dating, we got invited to a James Bond Party. Megan, furthest on the left in the group picture is the one that set us up. She told us we must give her our first born. She definitely deserves it.
Around Christmastime we went up to Salt Lake to see the lights (which Bryce had never seen even though he grew up in Utah!) and go to the play “Savior of the World”. It was fun to go up there and hang out with Dave and Liz.
For my birthday we went to Texas Roadhouse with my friends then on Sunday the Pinders graciously had Dave and I over so that we could celebrate our birthdays together.
This is the famous trip to St. George and Zions. It was here where we pretty much knew we wanted to get married. We went with Jenny and Grant so I’m sure their love inspired us. We hiked to the top of Angel’s Landing. It was really scared and I thought I was going to fall of the mountain and die! There was a lot of snow and it was slipper but Bryce
Spring Conference with Dave and Liz. Bryce’s Marathon. He is such a stud.
No comments:
Post a Comment