Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend in Ashland {May 22-May 28 2015}

For Memorial Day weekend we drove down to Ashland to spend time with the family. Becky and Nate even came to visit all the way from Luxembourg. We are getting pretty big these days. Shane was the only one missing so we had 11 adults and 14 kids. I think it’s so great for all the kids to get together with their cousins. I know Avery loves it.

We spent a lot of time jumping on the trampoline, went to the temple to do baptisms (I was even able to find 12 names before going!), mom rented a bounce house castle on Saturday (not pictured here), we roasted hot dogs, played at the park, went shopping and played games in the evening. It’s always fun to all get together!

DSC_0789

 

CDP_7593CDP_7598CDP_7600CDP_7609CDP_7610CDP_7648CDP_7622CDP_7634DSC_0847[4]     CDP_7649DSC_0125DSC_0883

Avery playing with her cousin friends Olivia and Eliza. Asher wanted to make sure Avery didn’t fall off the bench—so cute!

DSC_0872

All the grandkids just before church. Picture taken by Grandma Cindy.

CDP_7653CDP_7664

Avery’s very favorite thing was playing “ring around the rosey” on the trampoline. She wanted to do it over and over!

IMG_5468IMG_5473IMG_5475IMG_5464

Playing marbles with Asher, watching the big kids jump, reading a book and playing marbles with Maggie.

IMG_4653IMG_5485DSC_0963

Looking to see who’s taller..Avery or Eliza? Dallin playing with James and Bennett and eating a delicious meal for Jake’s birthday.

Playing at Helman Elementary on Jake’s birthday/memorial day.

DSC_0919DSC_0937

DSC_0959

DSC_0940

After everyone left, Bryce and I stayed for a few days which was great! Avery of course wanted to play some more ring around the rosy with grandma on the trampoline. My mom also watched the kids so Bryce and I could go on a bike ride. The bike ride was beautiful from Ashland to the orchards in talent. It was such a great bike ride. We loved our trip to Ashland, as always!

CDP_7672CDP_7673

CDP_7682IMG_5495IMG_5498IMG_5501

We left at 4:30am Thursday morning so I could get back for a couple of work calls. A little over an hour into our drive our tire blew. We had some trouble trying to put the spare on so we had to call roadside assistance. Luckily it is included in our insurance. It took an hour for them to come. Then we had to got Les Schwab to get a new tire so all in all it took us 2.5hrs to get back on the road. Luckily the kids were total troopers and even though I missed my work calls I’m just glad we made it safely. The kids also fell back asleep when we got back on the road which was awesome.

IMG_5504IMG_5507

Attempting to change the tire only to realize our wrench didn’t fit. We later discovered the piece that was missing was in the glove box. Oh well! Bryce and Dallin waiting for help to arrive.

IMG_5509IMG_5514IMG_5519

Roadside Selfies.

IMG_5526

Hanging out on the side of the freeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment