It was so nice to only be in the hospital one day before we brought Dallin home. The hospital staff is great and takes good care of us but I don’t like being interrupted every hour. Nursing Dallin the hospital went great. It went so much better than with Avery. Unfortunately by day 3 he wasn’t having enough wet diapers, so I had to supplement and pump a lot. Nursing still hasn’t been fabulous, but I’ll save that for another post because it’s a long, long, story. I’m so grateful I could have my mom for a couple weeks after coming home. There’s no way I could’ve done it without her! With getting mastitis, and healing and pumping all the time, I was pretty much good for nothing.
I love looking at pictures of when we brought sweet baby Dallin home. He is so little! And such a newborn. It’s amazing how quickly they grown. I was so anxious for Dallin to grow and get bigger so that he could nurse better that I don’t think I cherished this stage of his life. He’s such a perfect little baby and I’m grateful that I get to be called his mom.
Coming home from the hospital:
Avery could not have transitioned any more smoothly. She has just loved Dallin so much from day one. She would bring her chair next to him so she could look at him. First thing when she gets up in the morning, is she goes and finds Dallin and says “Hi, Dallin!”. I love my little girl and am so glad she loves her little brother.
Jess was so nice to send some things with my mom for Avery to do. She particularly loves playing with this homemade, good smelling play dough and sticking toothpicks in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment