Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy 4th of July! {July 4, 2014}

The fourth in Ashland was quite the party. Originally we were planning on the Malan and Jacob Morris family coming for the 4th. However, the night before, the David Morris family arrived as a surprise. Then on the 4th, the Packer family came in the afternoon. It was awesome! We had the whole family there except Bryce and Dad (aka Grandpa). 

My mom was awesome and reserved us seats at the Parade a couple days before (yeah, it gets that crazy in Ashland!) Then she and Jake went early in the morning to sit in our reserved spots so we didn’t look lame just leaving our blankets there.

Avery LOVED the parade. She would stand up and wave and clap. It was so cute. We had a nice spot in the shade and sun slowly creeped closer and closer. Jess and Shane were the brave ones to sit in the sun and at the very end the sun reached my legs and it started to get pretty hot just as the parade was ending. From there I strapped Avery in the Ergo and we all headed to Lithia Park to listen to the band play (another tradition). I have always loved that tradition of eating a picnic in the park while listening to the cd band. Mom also reserved us a nice spot in the shade for that.

Post band and picnic we headed home for some naps. When I woke up from my nap I saw Ryan in the living room and was super confused then realized that the Packers had decided to come as a surprise too. Yay for almost the whole family being together! The grandkids took a dip in the kitty pool then we had a great bbq dinner. Yum, so much good food. Hamburgers are my aboslute favorite food, I love love love barbeques!

Later in the evening we went to watch the fireworks. I woke up Avery to come with and she was so fun to have with me. She just sat on my lap the whole time. When the fireworks started she got scared of the loud noise but then she got used to it and loved them. It was a perfect and wonderful 4th! I love all the traditions we have.

(These first two pictures are courtesy of Stacey and I love them)

SHM_8771SHM_8774IMG_1522IMG_1523IMG_1524IMG_1525

Caught stealing a muffin!                          

IMG_1526IMG_1529IMG_1537IMG_1540

SHM_8809

Another one courtesy of Stacey at our picnic in the park.

SHM_8788

IMG_1546IMG_1544

DSC_0608DSC_0636DSC_0639DSC_0653 

    DSC_0644  DSC_0652DSC_0651DSC_0659DSC_0661IMG_1549SHM_8859IMG_1548RJP_1181

No comments:

Post a Comment