After returning from Cali, I decided to stay with my parents for a few days. I always love to capitalize on Grandma and Grandpa time. It was fun to relax and hang out with the two kids..and have help entertaining them from my parents! These two kiddos sure love their grandparents!
On Sunday my mom put together a little Easter Egg hunt for Avery in the front yard. Easter wasn’t til the following Sunday but we figured it was close enough. Each egg had a few jellybeans in them. This was Avery’s first real egg hunt. At first she didn’t really know what to do but she got the hang of it really quick.
While we were there Avery slept in a crib and during her nap she had an accident. She was really upset about it and it was the middle of her nap so I held her for a bit and she miraculously fell back asleep. It was so nice to cuddle my sweet little girl who never ever lets me cuddle her.
On Monday and Tuesday my mom took Avery to Preschool with her then I picked her up part way through. It was so cute to see Avery at preschool. She just sort of does her own thing. My mom said she did pretty well besides sneaking in the closet that the kids aren’t allowed to go in and chucking tennis balls out.
The second day at preschool when my mom went to set out the carpet squares for story time, Avery went and sat on her carpet before it was time. Only the second day and she was already picking up on what to do! I’m excited for her to go to preschool when she’s old enough. If only we lived close to my mom’s preschool.
While Avery was at preschool, Dallin learned how to roll from his back to his tummy and he was quite proud of himself!
Monday evening we took a walk in Lithia Park and it was so beautiful. I sure love that park. And we saw wild turkeys! I was pretty fascinated at them.
I always LOVE going home to Ashland. Mostly to hang out with my parents but also because it’s just a great place. I’m grateful I live close enough now that I can drive there by myself with the kids. The drive back was only about 7hours and the kids did awesome! I only had to stop once to feed Dallin and during that stop I got gas, ate lunch and took Avery to the bathroom so I never had to stop again. I’m also grateful for a husband who lets me go. We sure missed him!
Sure loved having you and also grateful that Bryce can do without you for a few days. You got some great pictures. When I posted I didn't have hardly any. Thanks for posting so many of us with them.
ReplyDelete