New York City!
We took a bus up to New York which is about a 2 hour bus ride. It only cost about 20 dollars round trip to go which was pretty great.
Upon arriving there we dropped off our stuff at Sarah’s friend’s place who graciously let us stay there for the night. Then we headed into town. Our first stop was the New York Temple. I figured if I was there I might as well see the temple. From there we walked to Central Park which is so gorgeous! We got some yummy New York Pizza and explored some more of central park then headed to Rockefeller Center. I always love going to the top of really tall buildings to get a great view of the city. In the evening we went to Times Square and saw the most amazing musical: Lion King. It was a fun day in NYC!
The next day we headed to south New York. We first stopped by this things called “high line” which is an elevated walkway that used to be a railroad. It is so beautiful with all the bushes and plants that have been planted. Then we went to the 9/11 memorial. The museum isn’t open yet, but it was still a very sobering experience to be there and think about the tragedy that took place there. We then walked down to the water with a quick stop for some yummy hot cocoa and a semi picture next to the bull. We took the Staten Island Ferry which gives a great view of the Statue of Liberty and view of New York from the water. After our water excursion we made a stop at Brooklyn bridge which is under construction and quite ugly…lame. Then walked to china town to get some nice and greasy chinese food :) Then on to Little Italy for some most delicious canolis.
Our time in NY was fantastic. It was a little chilly but a small price to pay to be in such an exciting city!
Day 1 Pictures:
LDS Temple! Couldn’t quite get the Angel Moroni.
Chillin in Central Park and Eating some delicious NY pizza! (the couple next to us ate an entire large pizza…we were quite amazed!)
Central Park! It’s so beautiful with the buildings towering over the trees. (You may have noticed my chubby belly. I guess that’s a baby bump…not very cute yet!)
Rockefeller Center
They were getting ice skating rink ready…bummer we didn’t get to see it in motion.
Views from the top of the Rock!
Times Square! Can you see us on the big screen?!
Lion King! (fyi, I lost the bottom button on my coat which is why it isn’t buttoned up, not because I can’t button it up because I’m too fat)
Day 2 Pictures:
Views from the high line.
9/11 memorial. One of the towers being rebuild, and the large fountain that sits where one of the towers once stood with all the victim’s names surrounding it.
Best picture I could get with the bull. There was a huge line to get pictures so this will have to do :)
Staten Island Ferry. It was quite crowded! But fun.
Brooklyn Bridge
Yummy canolis. Can you tell I just bought my sunglasses?
No comments:
Post a Comment