Philly:
My friend Sarah Cate is out at Penn getting her PhD. I have been meaning to visit her and when I didn’t have any plans for Fall break I decided that was the prefect time. I even got the hubby’s approval so I booked my flight and headed out to Philadelphia!
I got there late Wednesday night, then Thursday we hung out in Philly.
Highlights include: Sleeping in (it was my break after all!), Benjamin Franklin’s grave, Independence Hall with a very animated tour guide telling us all about the declaration of independence, liberty bell and an authentic philly cheesesteak….sooo delicious! It was a nice day and Sarah had made me a great dinner. We enjoyed a relaxing evening to gear up for our next day in NY.
A statue in the Thomas Jefferson park representing the signers of the Declaration of Independence…I think. And Benjamin Franklin’s Grave
Independence Hall and Liberty Bell. Everything was free…it was great!
Waiting outside for our guided tour to start and the room where all the magic happened! Pretty cool to hear the incredible story of the declaration of independence.
Philly Cheesesteak! I never knew I would like it so much! You’ve gotta get it with cheese whiz…so yummy!
They had amazing murals like this all over the city. And there was this part of town where there were these crazy mosaics on all the walls and houses.
They have a place in Provo called DP cheese steaks on university parkway. Its yummy and they do cheese whiz, just in case you get a hankering for one again!
ReplyDelete