Monday, October 31, 2011

Oceanside=Funside

(Try not to be too jealous of my extremely clever and witty title.)

During Fall Break (another benefit of being a teacher…bet you wish you were a teacher right about now…) Bryce and I got to go to Oceanside, California and spend a few days in a beautiful beach house with his family. If our beach house was any closer to the water, it would have been in the water! It was a perfect getaway. Bryce’s Family was there along with his Aunt Allyson and Uncle Ryan and their two kids. As well as his Uncle Scott and Aunt Pauline and their son Jude.

Thursday: We drove to Cali after Bryce’s class. We got there pretty late in the evening and just enjoyed seeing the place where we would spend our days of bliss.

IMG_1309IMG_1371

 

Friday: We got up and watched the ocean from our gigantic windows then we headed into San Diego. We went to Sea Port Village to see some shops and walk along the bay. Once we got home lots of people went out on the boogie boards and surf boards. I wasn’t quite ready to venture in. Bryce did a great job at trying to stand up on the surf board. When we came in from all the fun outside we saw dolphins swimming in the ocean! In fact, we saw the dolphins pretty much every day we were there. They weren’t very far from the shore. It was awesome! We also saw a seal that scared a surfer, it was pretty funny.

IMG_1471   IMG_1325  IMG_1338IMG_1331IMG_1342IMG_1321

IMG_1347IMG_1491IMG_1360

 

Saturday: We went out to the pier in Oceanside and saw lots of fishing, and crab catching. It was a very foggy day. There was also a surf competition going on which was fun to watch. Saturday afternoon I hit the waves with Bryce and did some boogie boarding. It was tons of fun! That evening we ate at a great fish house. I had some most delectable salmon.  It was a great day in California.

IMG_1374IMG_1499IMG_1507

Camille, Pauline and Malory                      On the Boogie Boards!

 

This is a great video of us boogie boarding and Bryce falling off. The entire time I boogie boarded, I never fell off. Bryce however, managed to do it quite a bit. But he also managed to stand up on the surf board, which I never even attempted :)

Sunday: Everyone else had left either Saturday night or Sunday morning so Bryce and I had the  place to ourselves. It was a fun relaxing day. We went and walked the San Diego Temple grounds then went to this great park in San Diego. It is Balboa park and so big and beautiful. While there we went to rose garden, a botanical garden, viewed various artist’s artwork and ate lunch. Then we ventured across a very big, awesome bridge over to Coronoda.

The trip was so fun! We are so lucky to have a family who loves us enough to let us tag along :)

 

IMG_1519                  IMG_1514    IMG_1522     IMG_1521IMG_1520 IMG_1523 IMG_1524 IMG_1525  IMG_1526 IMG_1528

No comments:

Post a Comment