Teaching keeps me very busy and sometimes worn out. But it is moments like these that keep me going.
On Friday I was doing a character development lesson. I was teaching the students that it is okay to feel emotions, but it is the choices we make when we feel those emotions that are important.
I taught them the sign for “smart” and “foolish” in sign language. I would describe an emotion, then say a choice someone could make when they feel that emotion. The students had to show me if they thought that was smart or foolish in sign language. I then gave them an opportunity to think of some choices. I said “What is a foolish choice you could make if you were feeling happy” One boy raised his hand and said “If you build your house on sand”.
Sometimes people ask me how I teach Kindergarten. I really can’t imagine teaching any other grade. 5 and 6 year olds are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment